Tuesday 26 March 2013

New Bike

Not much kayaking done in recent months, in fact none at all.  However, having recently had a taste of cycling with my dad's old bike I decided to treat myself to nice shiny road bike...  
Despite the freezing conditions that seem to be unsettling the entire country I took it for it's first ride out last weekend, a twenty three mile ride on my home patch through the Vale of Glamorgan countryside...
I'm really looking to get myself 'cycle fit' and continue to explore some local routes, hopefully combining some coastal roads to get my salty fix between kayaking.  Watch this space.

1 comment:

Stuart sea kayk said...

lol, thanks. I was inspired by some of your posts to get a mountain bike but there just isn't really enough of that sort of riding near me. I wanted something I could take out the back door and knock off a few miles on a Sunday morning.